Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Naples Botanical Garden

Seriously, how do I pick just a few images after touring a place like the botanical garden?
Impossible.  Next year I will have to devote a week or two to the gardens.


Liz is the curator (kind of a librarian keeping track of an inventory that grows and dies and self-seeds).  She gave the first third of the tour.



 Chad, the deputy director, met us in the treehouse in the children's garden and finished the tour.


A school child made a drawing about strangler figs, so the grown-ups found a large strangler fig elsewhere on the property and transplanted it into the children's garden.





A 1991 tile mosaic by Roberto Burle Marx is seen from many vantage points in the garden.



Chad finished the tour in the oriental garden.

9 comments:

Bill said...

A beautiful garden, it must get a lot of visitors.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Killer trees you say Jack, that would make my back garden a bit more exciting :) your botanical gardens look very nice, look forward to seeing more..

Gunn said...

I love BRIGHT COLOURS in the garden, and I love botanical gardens, so I too look forward to see more from your visit there.

Tanya Breese said...

it's a beautiful place...i like that killer fig tree...funny, we both did gardens today!

William Kendall said...

What a beautiful place to explore, Jack.

Taken For Granted said...

Thank you for the tour of the Botanical Gardens. Wish I could wander around there.

RedPat said...

That looks like quite a beautiful garden, Jack! We will soon be seeing pics from Elizabeth Park I presume.

jennyfreckles said...

It looks quite amazing and exotic. So different from the gardens I have started to show on my blog today.

Karl said...

Botanical gardens are so exciting, Jack !
Thank you for the tour !