Friday, September 8, 2017

Patterns


The State of Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection occupies a
building facing Hartford's Bushnell Park.  The building has a pair of art nouveau statues 
on either side of the entrance and lovely brick and tile work.


The newly opened Delamar Hotel in West Hartford's Blue Back Square has a
flooring pattern that reminds me of Burberry plaid.


As does the carpet in a nearby medical building.


450 Columbus Booulevard in Hartford.


A sedate old apartment building just off Farmington Avenue in West Hartford -- the kind that caters to octogenarians with cats -- surprises with a rack of what look like rideshare bicycles.

6 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Nice mix of photos.

jennyfreckles said...

I'd love to take my shoes off and slide in my socks down that long polished corridor in your fourth shot!

William Kendall said...

The statues really catch the eye!

RedPat said...

Patterns would make a good theme, Jack! You found some fine ones!

Kay said...

Nice shots, Jack! I especially like your fourth shot of 450 Columbus Blvd.

Linda said...

Interesting architecture. I like the shiny marble.